Windows Server 2022
Windows Server 2022 is a Long Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) release, which comes with a host of enhanced security enhancements.
At Microsoft Ignite 2021, Microsoft said Windows Server 2022 offers a secure connection enabled with industry-standard AES 256 encryption. “Furthermore, this release will also include significant improvements to the Windows container runtime. Such as virtualized time zones and IPV6 support for globally scalable applications, as well as tooling container for .NET, ASP.NET and IIS applications”.
Windows Server 2022 has 3 variants: Standard, Datacenter and Datacenter: Azure Edition. As of August 21, Windows Server 2022 will be available to customers on Volume Licensing Server Center. Server 2022 images are also available on Azure, the Product Evaluation Center site, and the Visual Studio site.
Secure-core PCs are now considered a response to the growing number of firmware vulnerabilities. Attackers can abuse these vulnerabilities to bypass Windows’ Secure Boot. It also overcomes the lack of security-level manageability in many of today’s endpoint security solutions.
Built-in protection, designed to protect users from threats that abuse firmware vulnerabilities and driver security flaws, is included with all Secured-core PCs as of October 2019. They can protect users against malware designed to take advantage of driver security flaws to disable security solutions. Secured-core PCs are typically developed in partnership with Microsoft and OEM partners and silicon chip manufacturers. Secured-core PC protects users against attacks
Hardware innovations enable powerful and efficient implementation of exploit mitigations. Windows Server 2022 and mission-critical applications will be secure from a common exploit technique – return-oriented programming (ROP) – commonly used to hijack a program’s intended flow of control.
Secure connectivity is at the heart of today’s interconnected systems. Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 is the latest version of the most deployed security protocol on the internet, supporting data encryption to provide a secure communication channel between two endpoints.
TLS 1.3 removes outdated cryptographic algorithms, enhancing security compared to older versions. Windows Server 2022 comes with TLS 1.3 enabled by default, which protects the data of clients connecting to the server.
HTTPS is also enabled by default, adding an extra layer of security when connecting to important data, making data transfers more secure.
Features of Windows Server 2022
- Advanced multi-layered protection against threats is easily enabled from a secured-core server.
- Manage and control Windows Server on-premises (Windows Server on-prem) with Azure Arc.
- Manage virtual machines better with the latest Windows Admin Center.
- Migrate file servers from on-premises to Azure with new support scenarios in Storage Migration Service.
- Improved container deployment with smaller image file sizes for faster downloads and simplified network policy enforcement.
- Update .NET applications with the new containerization tool in the Windows Admin Center.
- Firmware-level protection: System Guard Secure Launch uses the CPU to authenticate the secure boot device, preventing advanced firmware attacks
- Identity protection: Windows Hello allows you to log in without a password, while Credential Guard leverages help prevent identity attacks.
- Secure, hardware-separated operating environment: Use Trusted Platform Module 2.0 and a modern CPU with Trusted Dynamic Root Measurement (DRTM) to safely boot your PC and minimize downtime. firmware vulnerabilities.
System requirements of Windows Server 2022
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
- Supports NX and DEP
- Supports CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF and PrefetchW
- Support for second level address translation (EPT or NPT)
- RAM: 512 MB (2 GB for Server with Desktop Experience installation option)
- Hard Drive: 32GB
- TPMs implementing version 2.0 must ship with the SHA-256 PCR banks and deploy PCRs 0 to 23 for SHA-256. It is acceptable to send TPMs with a single switchable PCR bank that can be used for both SHA-1 and SHA-256 measurements.
Windows Server 2022 Free Download
Details Windows Server 2022
- Full name of software: Windows Server 2022
- Setup file name: STD CORE 2022
- Full setup size: 5.2 GB
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Installer
- Compatible Architectures: 64 Bit (x64)
- Latest version added on: September 15, 2021
- Developer: Windows