STATA 16 is statistical software developed since 1985 by StataCorp. The name “STATA” is a combination of the words “statistics” and “data”. It is used by many businesses and academic institutions around the world. Most of the users work in the research field, especially in the fields of economics, sociology, political science and epidemiology,…STATA provides a data management system and statistical analysis capabilities with a user-friendly graphical interface including descriptive menus and simple dialog boxes. STATA is a powerful statistical program, with the support of a programming tool. The software is written in C, can run on Windows, Mac OS X, Unix, Linux.
STATA is a set of programs used in quantitative and statistical analysis. STATA uses direct instructions, which can be entered at a time to execute (this mode is preferred by beginners) or can be compiled into a program consisting of many commands for a task and performed at the same time. Even if there is a mistake in the program, it can be easily identified and corrected. Center for Quantitative Analysis in Economics (QAE) is a place for training and consulting on data analysis on professional STATA software for Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral levels.
Features of Stata 16
- About usage:
- STATA is a set of programs that many beginners and advanced users love because it is both easy to learn and has many possibilities. STATA uses direct instructions, which can be entered at a time for execution (this mode is preferred by beginners) or can be compiled into a program consisting of many commands for a task and performed at the same time. Even if there is a mistake in the program, it can be easily identified and corrected.
- About data management:
- STATA doesn’t have the same powerful data management capabilities as SAS, but its data management commands are still powerful, and very simple. They allow to perform complex operations on data easily. However, STATA can only work with one data file at a time, so the processing tasks that require multiple data files at the same time for STATA are more complicated. With the inclusion of the STATA /Se releaser, the number of variables can be as high as 32,768 in a STATA data file, and the size of the file depends only on the hard disk capacity.
- Regarding statistical analysis:
- The greatest strength of STATA is regression (very easy to use regression predictors), logistic regression (new additions simplify the interpretation of logistic regression results, and ordinal logistic regression). and categorical logistic regression is very easy to implement). STATA also has many easy-to-use powerful estimation methods, including strong regression and regression with strong standard errors, and many other estimation commands with strong standard errors;
- STATA also excels in the field of data analysis according to the sample schema, for the ability to apply them in the analysis of survey data by the tools of regression, logistic regression, poisson regression, probit regression,… The weakest is the ability to analyze variance and traditional multi-dimensional analysis such as multi-dimensional analysis of variance, group analysis.
- About graphing
- STATA offers a good combination of ease of use and analytical power. Although STATA is easy to learn and also has powerful tools for data management, as noted in the analysis, some statistical procedures in STATA have also been omitted. In STATA the ability to download programs developed by other users is easy and at the same time it is possible to create user’s own programs, making them part of STATA.
System requirements for Stata 16
- Operating System: Windows 11/10/8/7 / Vista / XP
- Free hard drive space: 1 GB minimum free hard drive
- Installed Memory: Minimum 1 GB RAM
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or higher
Stata 16 Free Download
- You also can download Mindjet MindManager 2022
How to install Stata 16
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender)
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Run the file “STATA16MP.reg” > Then continue to run “STATA16MP2.reg“
- Open Run As Date > Browse > Select the path to the file “StataMP-64.exe” (in that unzipped section) > Select Run and Create Desktop Shortcut (next time run the software outside the screen, otherwise you have to open the section soft via Run as Date)
- Open the software