Malcom interactive fluid characterization software is Schlumberger’s foundational technology dedicated to reservoir and source rock fluid assessment, geochemical data analysis, and interpretation for the E&P industry. The processing and interpretation in Malcom software allows the ability to access and integrate all geochemical data and provides advanced oil and gas system characteristics to identify reservoir fluid sources, connect reservoir and the development of production over time. Malcom software users seamlessly integrate geochemical data from the field to the lab to the office to interpret important rock and fluid properties, inform decision-making for mine development, exploration and production strategy.
Solving exploration and production problems with organic geochemistry
Geochemistry can be applied to all stages of the field life cycle: exploration, evaluation, development, production, and disposal. Malcom interactive liquid characterization software provides geochemical engineering solutions by processing gas chromatographic data (GC-FID, GC-MS, GC-MS-MS, GC-2D, etc.) from different suppliers.
The comparison of oil GC fingerprints provides information on biomarkers, connecting reservoirs, estimating the size of reservoirs and calculating yield distributions. With Malcom software, a comprehensive set of tools is embedded in a single application to process chromatographic data and perform statistical calculations, providing rapid data interpretation.
Features of Schlumberger Malcom
- Efficiency: Achieve simultaneous, automatic processing and interpretation of multiple data samples.
- Reproducibility: Achieve better reproducibility and repeatability of gas chromatographic data processing, with harmonization of baseline and peak area.
- Accuracy: Leverage a solid theoretical foundation and strong statistical methods on your results.
- Scalability: Extend and customize Malcom fluid description software by integrating your own analytical workflows with Python scripting.
System requirements for Schlumberger Malcom
- Operating: Windows 10 (64) / Windows Server 2012 (64) / Windows Server 2016 (64) / Windows Server 2019 (64)
- CPU: Intel® compatible multi-core processor
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.7 (automatic installation possible)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Display: 1280 x 1024 with 256 colors
- .NET Framework (x86) versions 4.6.1 and 4.0.
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010-2017
Schlumberger Malcom Free Download
Schlumberger Malcom 2022.1.1 (x64)
- You can also download Schlumberger Flaresim
How to install Schlumberger Malcom
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender) is extremely important
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Run Setup to install software
- Copy the folder VMG and replace it on C:\Program Files (x86)
- Copy the folder SPT Group from crack folder the place it on C:\Program Files
- Create Enviroment Variables
- Right-click the This PC icon and select Properties >> Advanced system settings
- Select Enviroment Variables >> System Variables >> New and fill in
- Variables Name = SLBSLS_LICENSE_FILE
- Variables value = C:\Program Files\SPT Group\Licenses\license.lic