Roon labs extracts the best sound quality from your audio equipment by providing bit-perfect delivery, as well as giving you access to powerful DSP for a customized listening experience.
Roon installs quite easily, compatible with most devices and hardware configurations. The software works well with personal computers with 2-4GB of RAM and is ideal when set up with a NAS system. After installing and allowing the connection, Roon will analyze the user’s database and search for music sources to add to the music library. Roon supports all music formats from Lossy to Lossless such as FLAC, AIFF, WAV, APE, ALAC and even DSD. PCM files support up to 24bit/384kHz, WAV and AIFF alone up to 32bit/384kHz. DSD files support up to DSD256 quality. Unlike Sooloos Music which uses Exact Audio Copy to auto rip CDs. Roon allows users to choose their own CD ripping software such as Jriver, XLD.
The software supports USB DAC products very well, but Roon Labs recommends that customers reinstall the driver for their DAC device after installing Roon. As mentioned above, after analyzing the user’s data, Roon will display the status of the music library on the device (number of songs and albums, names of artists, album release year, music genre, etc.) , etc). At the top of the main interface, are quick-switch tabs to sort music by categories such as music genre, artist names or songs alphabetically, and tabs that link to the Tidal service page if you have a Tidal account. The Tidal tab allows you to add songs and albums from Tidal to Roon’s music library easily and quickly.
Features of Roon Labs
- Roon delivers sonic perfection. Its audio engine supports bit-perfect playback of lossy and lossy file formats, including high-resolution audio content such as PCM and DSD, in both stereo and multichannel.
- Enjoy up to 768kHz/32-bit PCM and DSD512 (stereo and multichannel) in WAV, WAV64, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC (Apple Lossless), DFF, DSF, OGG, MP3 and AAC. If your device doesn’t support the format, Roon transcodes it for playback at the best quality your device supports.
- Decoding the MQA core allows anyone – even those without MQA-enabled hardware – to experience MQA content. Roon is the only music player that can apply DSP to MQA content while also allowing your MQA-enabled DAC to render the post-processed stream.Better charging status for activation devices
- Account information is clearer in Settings
- Correct inability to share using Imgur
- Volume adjustment works for Qobuz content when set to “Album” or “Automatic”
- Improved performance of the waveform/progress bar
- Norwegian is no longer “beta”
- Fixed overlapping buttons in the ‘Manage tags’ pop-up when the scaling factor was used
- Queue: the song being played now is highlighted correctly if there is an option
- Corrects problems maintaining scroll position when editing list items
- Optimizing the text layout code
- Greater behavior of the TIDAL token to avoid false exits
- Correct the inability to activate portrait mode on WiFi + Cell iPad Pro 12.6′ (Gen4)
- Various changes to the graphics engine to customer improve performance
- Correct errors in the text of the `ReplyGain Tag ‘explanation’
- Fixed the “Girl” color zone icon (light theme)
- Correct the ‘Reset’ button in the composition browser
- The appearance of genders and tags is enhanced when custom scale factors are used
- Corrects the inability to display tracks with special characters in iTunes playlists
System requirements of Roon Labs
- Operating System: Windows 10/11
- CPU: Intel Processor, Corei3 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- Hard Drive: 1+ GB of available disk space for full installation
Roon Labs Free Download
Roon 1.8 Windows
Roon Labs 1.8 Full Linux + Mac OS + Mobile + ROCK + Synology
Roon Labs Installation Instructions
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender) is extremely important
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software
- Run the Patch file