Table of Contents
CSiPlant is an integrated engineering software product for the analysis and design of piping systems and framing structures, including checking the compliance of piping codes with specified stress and flexibility enhancement factors. automatically calculate and apply.
CSiPlant offers advanced analysis technology to piping and structural engineers working in the process, power, pipeline and offshore industries. CSiPlant uses elements, pipe support types, and modeling approaches familiar to piping and structural engineers in the process and power industries.
The model import from SAP2000 to CSiPlant is comprehensive and includes load assignments, frame sections and local axes, releases, grids, supports, mass definitions for static seismic and dynamic analysis cases, and other assignments and definitions. Reactions at pipe support locations from the coupled analysis in CSiPlant can be exported back into SAP2000 selectively with options to filter by pipe section and load case.
Reactions from SAP2000 can then be exported into SAFE automatically for concrete foundation design to integrate foundation analysis and design with analysis of the structure and piping.
Features of CSI CSiPlant
- Piping and structural frame models can be rapidly created and modified using CAD-like drafting tools which snap to objects, grid intersections and global axes. In addition, CSiPlant offers automatic alphanumeric labeling of node points and elements, intuitive Insert and Assign commands, and keyboard shortcuts, enabling engineers to utilize a variety of modeling options to quickly build, modify, and review their analysis models.
- Pipe supports include Anchors, Guides, Line Stops, Vertical Stops, Rod Hangers, Snubbers, and Spring Hangers.
- CSiPlant offers multiple “link” element types to connect different points such that specialized structural behavior may be modeled. Linear and nonlinear properties can be assigned to each of the six degrees-of-freedom to define force-deformation relationships.
- CSiPlant offers unlimited nonlinear load sequencing, also known as path-dependent loading, which considers the order of the loading. Since friction acts in different directions during startup vs. shutdown and other load states, sequenced loading, including sequenced thermal loading and unloading, is often needed to determine worst case reactions and stresses.
- Buckling can be a design concern in a number of different piping applications including jacketed piping analysis, bowing due to thermal gradient, GRP and plastic piping, rack piping with intermediate anchors, and tall vertical risers among other design scenarios. Using both eigen buckling and nonlinear large displacement buckling analysis options, CSiPlant makes it convenient for engineers to check for buckling during design.
- Nonlinear time history dynamic analysis using either FNA (modal Fast Nonlinear Analysis) or Direct Integration methods applied to any load type, including accelerations, point loads, imposed displacements, and thermal loads is available. Piping stress models routinely include nonlinear friction, gaps, and/or multilinear springs for a more accurate analysis. Using nonlinear analysis eliminates the need to linearize nonlinear boundary conditions.
System requirements of CSI CSiPlant
- Supported operating systems: Windows 11 / Windows 10 / Windows 8.1
- Processor: ntel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 (9th Gen Intel Core i5/i7/i9, AMD Ryzen 5/7/9 with Zen 2 architecture or better desktop CPU recommended)
- RAM: 8GB (16GB or more recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 2GB or more recommended
- Display: Supports 1024 x 768″ resolution
CSI CSiPlant Free Download
CSI CSiPlant 6.2.0 Build 785 x64
How to install CSI CSiPlant
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender) is extremely important
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software
- Copy the file CSIFileChecker.dll to the path C:\Program Files\Computers and Structures\CSiPlant 6\
- Enter the key in the text file