Table of Contents
CrystalDiffract brings the world of X-ray & neutron diffraction to your desktop, with interactive controls and easy characterization of your test data. Real-time parameter control allows you to experiment with diffraction and sample settings, with instant feedback. CrystalDiffract allows you to import multiple test datasets to compare with simulation data: simply drag and drop a text file onto your diffraction window. You can manipulate and retouch your observations, apply smoothing corrections, and retouch the background in real time.
In addition, you have the ability to load observational data in the same window – and you have a powerful desktop application for researchers, teachers and students.
CrystalDiffract 6 offers the best display you can easily copy to other programs in high resolution vector format: copy to clipboard, drag and drop into other programs or save to file.
You have extensive control over the screen, including swatch colors, marker sizes/styles and lines, transparency, drop shadows, vertex overlays, gridlines, film styles and colors, vertex labels ( including content, positioning and alignment), Display legend, plot title – plus your text font and size.
Features of CrystalDiffract
- Simulated mixes can be displayed along with individual samples from their components! Simply use the visibility checkboxes in the Template List to customize your display.
- CrystalDiffract 6 offers the best display, which you can easily copy to other programs in a high-resolution vector format: copy to clipboard, drag and drop into other programs, or save to a file.
- You have extensive control over the display, including swatch color, line size/style and markers, transparency, shadow, vertex overlay, gridlines, film style and color, vertex labels ( including content, positioning and alignment), show legend, plot title – plus your text font and size.
- Scaling and scrolling your diffraction pattern is easy with CrystalDiffract’s touchpad support. Simply “pinch to zoom” and slide to scroll horizontally or scale vertically. You can also specify an exact plot range, using the Scroller tool or using the toolbar’s scroll and scale commands. Templates can be sorted by various criteria and automatically stacked on the screen.
- The integrated Search field allows you to quickly find simulated reflections: in the chart template or in the Reflection List. You can browse and sort the reflections in the list; Double-click any reflector to instantly locate it in the plot.
- Peak Tip helps you identify reflections as you move the mouse. The tip is scalable, to show complete information about each vertex, including its distance d, relative magnitude, and width.
- CrystalDiffract allows you to save your work as a standalone document, for quick and convenient access the next time you use the program. You can also export the entire diffraction pattern, reflection list, structure element – plus crystal structure data in CIF or CMTX format.
- CrystalDiffract also has a direct visualization link with CrystalMaker: just select any mockup and choose the Visualize command; The crystal structure will then be displayed in CrystalMaker.
System requirements of CrystalDiffract
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or higher
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 200 MB or more
CrystalDiffract Free Download
How to install CrystalDiffract
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender) is extremely important
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software
- Enter license in text file