Chaos Phoenix for Maya
Chaos Phoenix for Maya empowers users to simulate fire, smoke, explosion, liquid, foam and splash, with outstanding flexibility and speed. It is a hybrid simulation system consisting of meshes and particles, allowing you to get the best of both worlds. Fully integrated with V-Ray, it harnesses the power of Chaos Group rendering engine including proper GI from generated fluids.
V-Ray RT supports all Phoenix FD translations, including those with proper refraction. Phoenix FD for Maya is optimized for a large number of elements allowing users to work on complex simulations.
Features of Chaos Phoenix for Maya
- A hybrid simulation system consisting of meshes and particles
- Auto-foam and whole generation with optimized shaders for faster rendering and easier setup
- Optimized for large number of elements including a fog shader
- Similar GPU preview with near-rendering quality and allows you to set up your fluid in viewport with multiple lights even before exporting
- Support for all V-Ray RT fluids, including those with proper refraction, for quick and efficient document setups
- 3D textures allow you to extract data channels from the simulation that can be used in a variety of ways (blending the color of the fluid, changing the IOR for fog effects, etc.)
- Full integration with V-Ray, including proper GI from creation fluids
- Option to create distorting haze effects for objects behind the translation mesh
- Scripting via MaxScript in 3ds Max and Pyton in Maya for full simulation control
System requirements of Chaos Phoenix for Maya
- Configure according to the installed Maya software
- Operating system: Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10/11
- Memory (RAM): Requires 1 GB of RAM.
- Hard disk space: 1 GB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or higher.
Chaos Phoenix for Maya Free Download
Chaos Phoenix v5.00.00 for Maya 2019 – 2023 x64
3DS Max Collection
How to install Chaos Phoenix for Maya
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender) is extremely important
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software, do not install the License Server
- Copy phoenix_50000_fix.mll to the path C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya20xx\phoenixfd\plug-ins
- Run Maya, select Plug-in Manager, find the fix plugin and check Loaded and Auto-Load
- Copy dbghelp.dll to the path C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Phoenix FD\Maya 2023 for x64\bin