Chaos Phoenix for 3ds Max
Chaos Phoenix for 3ds Max is a comprehensive and powerful tool to simulate realistic fire, smoke, ocean waves, splashes, mist as well as fog. An all-in-one solution for fluid dynamics built for 3D artists who want to create dynamic FX with quick setup and intuitive controls. It offers a variety of solvers for the dynamic, V-ray styling of software design. It has three methods for conservation which are Smooth, Symmetric and Buffered. It also has 4 different Consult methods namely Slow Move, Multi-Switch, Forward and Classic.
Phoenix FD for 3Ds Max provides save/load render presets. You can use GPU Viewport Preview or 3ds Max extended preview to support real-time shadows. With this app you can simulate locally with small regions and then switch to Ocean mode.
Features of Chaos Phoenix for 3ds Max
- Realistic fluid simulations with splashes and bubbles can be created directly in 3ds Max.
- Create any kind of fire and smoke effect with Phoenix FD’s powerful, adaptive grid engine.
- Fine-tune in-view interactive simulations with Phoenix FD’s GPU-accelerated previews.
- Add detail and increase resolution without changing the shape or behavior of the simulation.
- Speed up or slow down simulated playback. Perfect for slow motion effects.
- Create a series of simulations that trigger and interact with each other.
- Use a wide range of emission sources including animated meshes, texture maps, particles and more.
- Simulate highly complex and realistic vortex effects with full control over large-scale vortex intensity and extremely fine details.
- Perfect for creating small smoke and steam.
- Render particles such as bubbles, drops, points or fog.
- Import and export mesh objects and particles to Alembic, Krakatoa, Stoke MX, XMesh, and V-Ray proxy files.
- Seamless transition from procedural ocean to simulated ocean waves.
- Seamless transition from detailed ocean surface simulation to endless ocean waves (never repeat.)
- Render optical fluid and volumetric effects using V-Ray’s optimized Phoenix FD shader.
System requirements of Chaos Phoenix for 3ds Max
- Configuration according to installed 3DS Max software
- Operating System: Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10/11
- Memory (RAM): Requires 1 GB of RAM.
- Hard disk space: 1 GB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or higher.
Chaos Phoenix for 3ds Max Free Download
Chaos Phoenix v5.10.00 for 3ds Max 2018 – 2023 x64
Chaos Phoenix v5.00.00 for 3ds Max 2018 – 2023 x64
3DS Max Collection
How to install Chaos Phoenix for 3ds Max
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender) is extremely important
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software, do not install the License Server
- Copy phoenix_50000_fix.dlr to the place where the software has just been installed
- For versions < 2022 : C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2021\plugins\phoenixfd
- For 2022 and newer:
- Copy dbghelp.dll to the path C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\Phoenix FD\3ds Max 2023 for x64\bin