Altium Designer is known as one of the most modern technology PCB design software available today. With an intuitive, simple interface, users have the option of adjusting to personal preferences, thereby making design work on complex boards easier.
The software possesses “one-of-a-kind” features such as: interactive routing, DRC, which helps increase accuracy in designs.
Routing features are often set up based on the shape or hierarchy of the software to facilitate faster topology access.
Features of Altium Designer
- Fast design processing speed
Compared to its predecessors, Altium 2021 is upgraded with fast processing speed. Speed is optimal from the moment you start designing until you use the full set of tools for an output.
- The software has flexible options, making it easy for users to adjust, thereby greatly improving the processing speed of the entire project.
- Flexible chain information forwarding
Altium Designer provides users with all the details directly from the vendors. From there you can create an Invoice of Materials and keep track of updates related to each part, ensuring uninterrupted execution.
- Multi-channel and hierarchical design
The software allows designers to work on multiple layers, advanced hierarchies easily. Then, with the equipped feature, it also helps to simplify many layers based on: structural relationships, electrical … to create easier-to-read worksheets.
- Extended Library Access
Altium Designer version 2021 gives designers access to growing libraries of content. Accordingly, the number of ingredients to use will amount to more than 400k+ components. In addition, users can also create additional components to suit individual preferences and requirements using the collected templates.
- Interactive Routing Tool
The software’s routing engine allows users to define a path to connect nodes in each of the different networks. Designers can use a variety of routing features such as: go around, bypass obstacles, hug and push …
System requirements for Altium Designer
- Windows 10 (64-bit only) Intel® Core™ i7 processor or equivalent
- 16GB RAM
- 10GB hard disk space (Install + User Files) SSD
- High-performance graphics card (supporting DirectX 10 or better), such as GeForce GTX 1060/Radeon RX 470
- Dual monitors with 2560×1440 (or better) screen resolution
- 3D mouse for 3D PCB design, such as the Space Navigator
- Adobe® Reader® (version XI or later for 3D PDF viewing)
- Internet Connection
- Up to date Web browser
- Microsoft Office 32-bit or 64-bit (Microsoft Excel required for BOM, Microsoft Access required for DbLibs)
Altium Designer Free Download
Altium Designer 22.10.1 Build 41 (x64)
- You can also download Eliis PaleoScan
How to install Altium Designer
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender) is extremely important
- Extract the downloaded file
- Run Setup to install the software
- After the installation is complete, copy the file “shfolder.dll” to the place where the software was installed, the path “C:\Program Files\Altium\AD22”
- Open the software, select “Add standalone license file” and navigate to the “.alf” file in the unzipped Crack folder above.
- Finished watching the test video Windows 10 – 64bit